Queen of Peace Oratory

2014

Our Lady Queen of Peace Oratory is a private oratory and residence dedicated to the Virgin Mary and owned by a local family whose love for Mary finds expression in this sacred project. The bishop of Steubenville raised the chapel to the status of oratory for the spiritual edification of the faithful who wish to come and pray for the intercession of the Mother of God.

The Oratory is situated southwest of Steubenville on the crest of a hill with views in all directions. The chapel extends to the east terminating in the apse following tradition. The original house was built in 1843 and is restored/extended. Eight bedrooms with guest rooms for visiting priests, large dining room, and parlors comprise the residence while the chapel has a formal narthex, sacristy, and service spaces.