Morrow County Courthouse

The Morrow County Courthouse is located in Mount Gilead, Ohio about an hour north of Columbus. Our office was asked to assist the Court of Common Pleas in making the south courtroom, chambers, probation office, conference rooms, etc. architecturally significant. We undertook this project with great pride in our Ohio historic courthouses and reintroduced classical themes common to them throughout the state. Palladio, Asher Benjamin, and Minard Lafever influenced our civic work here.

The Doric Courthouse was originally built in 1853 but soon remodeled in a Victorian fashion in the 1870's. The front tower with Romanesque arch was added to this structure and smaller details throughout were modified to suit the new tastes of the day.